This was taken after the steepest stretch of cycling I’ve experienced. Way too busy thinking about how much hill remained to worry about the consequences of a pre-peak rest. Really loved being confined to that moment. Flow (baller idea put forth by psychologist Mihály Csíkszentmihályi in his book, Flow.) moment for sure.
In flow, the emotions are not just contained and channeled, but positive, energized, and aligned with the task at hand.” ~ T. Wikipedia
Further, there are 6 tell-tale signs of flow, via Wikipedia:
- intense and focused concentration on the present moment
- merging of action and awareness
- a loss of reflective self-consciousness
- a sense of personal control over the situation or activity
- a distortion of temporal experience, one’s subjective experience of time is altered
- experience of the activity as intrinsically rewarding, also referred to as autotelic experience
So, hell yes, wretched hill.